Most of these groups meet twice a month and are regionally based. During the weeks where the simple churches do not meet, everyone is encouraged to build relationships and volunteer for acts of service within our communities.
To Learn More: If you wish to know more about this movement, we would encourage you to read the following books. These books will help shine a light on the growing impact of this movement in the United States and around the globe.
* Permission Granted (To Do Church Differently In The 21st Century) by Graham Cooke & Gary Goodell
* Organic Church by Neil Cole
* The Celtic Way Of Evangelism by George G. Hunter III
* Dreaming With God by Bill Johnson
About Simple Church by C.J. Alderton
“The church is full of hypocrites.”
“I don’t care for organized religion or the politics of church.”
“All they ever talk about at church is money.”
“When I go to church, I feel like a spectator seated for a production.”
“Church seems to be all about control and agendas.”
Chances are, if you have a pulse, you have heard one or more of these phrases uttered from time to time. Perhaps you have said them yourself. While these phrases used to be mostly relegated to those who were outside of the church... [read more...]
Simple Church is where we meet with people in homes, restaurants, places of business, etc. for fellowship, food, prayer and the study of God’s word.
We are working on building good and lasting foundations for Patrick Crossing. Our goal is to have a ministry that reflects the New Testament value of every member participating in Kingdom life. Jesus commissions His church to be His eyes, hands, feet, and lips to a hurting world. Simple Church focuses on each of us learning to sense God’s activity in our daily lives. There is much the Father wishes to accomplish through each of us. We want to become people that regularly experience the power and presence of God in our daily lives causing us to be generous with His love at work, at home and at play.
On the weeks that simple church does not meet, each person is encouraged to build relationships within our communities - which may include volunteering somewhere, or spending time with our neighbors or people from work, or encouraging someone through acts of service; etc. We encourage everyone to be creative in "being the church" wherever they go.
If you have a prayer request,
please email us.
Simple Church Defined:
* Living out a relationship with the Jesus in the ordinary, daily rhythms of life.
* Being Christ’s hands, eyes, ears, heart and voice in the places where people live, play and work.
* Not being dependent upon facilities or elaborate control structures in order to be fruitful.
* Trusting the real and living presence of Christ to guide and provide.
* Living out our faith in close relationships that place a high value on encouragement, accountability, and the sharing and receiving of one another’s giftedness.